Our Contract of Letting is between the ‘Guest’ and ‘Cavan View Farmhouse’.
• A deposit of £150 per week must be paid at the time of booking and full payment of the rent is due four weeks prior to the date of arrival.
• No reservation will be guaranteed without a deposit.
• A ‘Good Housekeeping Bond’ of £150 is routinely paid along with full payment and will be returned within 14 days after departure providing no damage or loss of items has occurred.
• A cleaning fee of £40 may be charged weekly.
• To cancel a booking, Cavan View Farmhouse must be notified immediately in writing; 50% of the deposit will be refunded if the booking can be resold. Cavan View Farmhouse strongly recommends that Guests should take out their own Holiday Insurance policy.
• The hirer must be one of the guests occupying the Farmhouse during the duration of the stay and must be 21 years or older. In the event of a Corporate Booking a named person will take responsibility for the stay.
• The total number in the party should not exceed the maximum number stated for the Farmhouse (6 persons). The right to occupancy may be forfeited without compensation in the event of any attempt to entertain additional guests overnight.
• The management should be allowed access to the Farmhouse or gardens at any reasonable time during the holiday occupancy.
• Cavan View is not available for occupation before 4 p.m. on the day of arrival unless prior arrangements have been made. The Farmhouse must be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the final day of the rental and left in a clean condition.
• We courteously request that Guests do not wear outdoor shoes on the carpeted areas within the Farmhouse. A shoe tray is provided in the utility room.
• Guests should maintain all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in the Farmhouse in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and should leave the
Farmhouse in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Guests must report any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy. The cost of damage repair or breakage will be deducted from the ‘Good Housekeeping Bond’ in the first instance. Cavan View Farmhouse reserve the right to require further payment should this be required.
• Guests are expected to supervise their children at all times to ensure that no damage is caused to the inside or outside of the Farmhouse, the garden or any adjacent buildings, and that they do not cause any annoyance to our neighbours.
• A strict no smoking policy is in effect within the Farmhouse. An ash disposal bin is provided outside in the enclosed garden area near to the rear entrance door and also in the ‘Secret Garden’.
• The management of Cavan View Farmhouse regrets that they are unable to allow dogs or other pets onto the property or grounds and advises guests that this rule will be rigidly enforced.
• In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (such as sale of property, fire, flooding or serious breakdown of services) Cavan View Farmhouse will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. However, compensation or expenses due to such an event cannot be paid.
• Please note that in the event of a temporary breakdown with services (e.g. electrical power cut or interrupted internet service in the area), electrical appliances or internet connection - circumstances beyond our control - we will endeavour to effect a repair or replacement as swiftly as possible but cannot guarantee to offer compensation in such an instance.
• A common-sense approach to the consumption of energy (oil, electricity) is requested. The management reserve the right to require additional payment should energy costs appear
• Please note that unless otherwise agreed, as in the case of accommodation rental for some business visits, this agreement is made on the basis that Cavan View Farmhouse is to be
occupied by holidaymakers for a holiday (Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 Par 9) and Guests acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no
statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
• Cavan View Farmhouse do not accept any liability for personal injury to the Guests or their invitees, or loss or damage to their property e.g. personal effects, luggage, vehicles or any other items whether in the Farmhouse, Gardens, Games room or adjacent farm buildings.
• The management of Cavan View Farmhouse reserves the right to terminate the rental without notice and without refund for breach of this contract.
• Cavan View Farmhouse must not be used for any illegal or immoral purposes.